Soil gases and moisture intrusion are major concerns regarding building health and energy efficiency. StegoCrawl Wrap 15-Mil Vapor Barrier has extraordinarily low permeance, below 0.010 perms. It is very durable too, boasting 203.8 newtons of push-through resistance. With input from crawl space contractors regarding dimensions and roll sizes, this product is ideal for encapsulating crawl spaces. This long-lasting product is made with prime, virgin resins, and void of any recycled materials to help avoid degradation.
The StegoCrawl Line also includes accessories which are specifically engineered for crawl space encapsulation: StegoCrawl Tape, StegoCrawl Term Bar, and StegoTack®Tape. Using these products enables an efficient installation, saving time and resources while maintaining the integrity of the vapor barrier system.
APPLICABLE STANDARDS American Society for Testing & Materials (ASTM):
- ASTM E1745: Standard specification for water vapor retarders used in contact with soil or granular fill under concrete slabs.
- ASTM F1249: Test method for water vapor transmission rate through plastic film and sheeting using a modulated infrared sensor.
- ASTM D4833: Test method for index puncture resistance of geotextiles, geomembranes, and related products.
- ASTM D1709: Test methods for impact resistance of plastic film by free falling dart method
- ASTM D882: Test method for tensile properties of thin plastic sheeting
- ASTM E154: Section 8, F1249: Permeance after wetting, drying, and soaking.
- ASTM D1434: Standard test method for determining gas permeability characteristics of plastic film and sheeting
- Under-slab vapor retarder: Exceeds ASTM E1745 minimum requirements
- Water Vapor Permeance: less than 0.010 perms
- Puncture Resistance: 203.8 newtons
- Permeance after conditioning: Wet, dry, and soaking- less than 0.010 perms
Benefits of Crawl Space Encapsulation with StegoCrawl Wrap 15-Mil Vapor Barrier:
- Energy savings (less available moisture for your home’s HVAC to contend with)
- Reduced mold (moisture is one of the ingredients for mold, and with less moisture, the likelihood of mold growth should also decrease)
- Reduced mildew odor (excess moisture build-up in your crawl space can lead to mildew odor)
- Better flooring (without proper crawl space moisture protection, it is possible to have flooring failures)
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) improvement (reduction in soil contaminants, mold, and mildew)