Waterproofing Your Crawlspace with a Vapor Barrier
Installing Your Crawlspace Vapor Barrier Tutorial
Your Crawlspace FAQ
- Where can I find a reputable contractor to do my installation?
- If you are looking for a crawlspace encapsulation specialist in your area, please reach out to our team as we may know a trusted encapsulation specialist in your area.
- How do I know if the job will require a sump pump?
- A sump pump is typically used to discharge excessive water build-up that accumulates in the crawl space. It’s usually only required if drainage by gravity is not possible. As you probably know, some sub-areas have what is called a “drain to daylight” drainage system that allows water to pass through or under the foundation wall.
- Where can I find information regarding crawl space building codes?
- Our Research & Resources section provides access to documentation regarding most crawlspace issues, including building codes and research and reports. Always check with the local building department, however, for specific codes relevant to your job site’s area.